Wednesday, November 6, 2013

In the Morning



Without fail, the morning comes each day. As I awaken, I am learning to greet the Lord and lay my requests before Him.  

  In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
    in the morning I lay my requests before you
    and wait in expectation.  PSALM 5:3

...most importantly, 
I am learning to wait in expectation for his response.


For his anger lasts only a moment,
    but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night,
    but rejoicing comes in the morning PSALM 30:5 

I pray...Lord, teach me to know with unwavering confidence that when I am in relationship with you, I can anticipate your favor lasting for a lifetime (eternity) AND even though life can be difficult in the moments, rejoicing always awaits...




But I will sing of your strength,
    in the morning I will sing of your love;
  for you are my fortress,
    my refuge in times of trouble.
Oh my Strength, I sing praise to you;
    you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.  PSALM 59:16 


Strengthen me as I praise you Lord.




But I cry to you for help, O LORD;
    in the morning my prayer comes before you.  PSALM 88:13 

Lord, teach me to give you my concerns every morning and let them not burden me throughout the day.

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
    that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.  PSALM 90:14 

Why do we struggle so much with contentment?  May I be reminded of your goodness each day and remain satisfied. 




It is good to praise the LORD
    and make music to your name, O Most High,
to proclaim your love in the morning
    and your faithfulness at night,
to the music of the ten-stringed lyre
    and the melody of the harp.
For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD;
    I sing for joy at the works of your hands.
How great are your works, O LORD,
    how profound your thoughts!  PSALM 92:1 



Praise...how it can shape our attitude!  When I praise you, Lord, proclaiming your love each morning and your faithfulness each night...I am declaring my trust in You and Your promises. 

Enjoy: 

No comments: