Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Walk Humbly

Faith is simple... Believe God


“Abram (later named Abraham) believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”
GENESIS 15:6

The walk of faith is not necessarily easy, yet that's what the Lord asks... to walk humbly with Him.  

Do I simply believe He is who He is?  
Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”  God said to Moses,
“I am who I am.
 EXODUS 3:13-14


Faith tugs at our human understanding.  Faith challenges our sense of fairness, in whatever way "I, as an individual," would define it.  Faith calls me to the unknown and unfamiliar.  

Walking humbly... believing that the Lord knows all and knows best... allowing that to shape my understanding, thinking and actions... How challenged I am everyday!

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 CORINTHIANS 10:5

Walking humbly challenges our human nature at the core!  Our desire to know, to control, and to judge according to our sense of right and wrong.  We try to make sense of it all, and yet God's ways are beyond our human understanding.  In Paul's letter to the Romans, I hear and expression of humility before a Holy God as he tries to make sense of it all: 

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
    How unsearchable his judgments,
    and his paths beyond tracing out!
“Who has known the mind of the Lord?
    Or who has been his counselor?”
“Who has ever given to God,
    that God should repay them?”
For from him and through him and for him are all things.
    To him be the glory forever! Amen.
 ROMANS 11:33-36


Walk awhile with Jesus in the gospels... let His life be your example.

No comments: