Saturday, December 7, 2013

Advent Day 6 - Glory of the Lord

Week of HOPE

And the glory of the Lord will be revealed,
    and all people will see it together.
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”  ISAIAH 40:5

I can't quite fully imagine the glory of the Lord.  These words from Isaiah bring to mind another passage from Isaiah 6:1


In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple.

If just the train of his robe filled the temple, I can't fathom the magnitude of His being!  

Humbled by the thought, I try to reconcile the things I understand intellectually along with the way I sense His presence so personally, with the limitlessness of his being, and I am overwhelmed!  There are moments when I seem to grasp some element of this, yet they are fleeting.  

He knows each person individually...each person, for all eternity...it's beyond what I can even begin to imagine!  Concepts like holy, omnipotent, and eternal are not common terms in our culture, so trying to wrap our minds around this takes some reorientation.  In a society that teaches us to "be all that you can be," and "you deserve it", being humble and under the authority of another does not come easily.  

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”  REVELATION 1:7-8

One I came to know what the good and gracious nature of the Lord, it became easy.  Jesus said "My yoke is easy and my burden is light."  

His motivation isn't oppression, it's freedom! 

This Lord, this King, is always loving and always has your best in mind. His love has existed before the creation of the world (John 17:24).  In knowing Him, we can anticipate His glory with eager anticipation!

His LOVE endures forever

His love endures forever - 
“Give thanks to the Lord Almighty,
    for the Lord is good;
    his love endures forever.”
For I will restore the fortunes of the land as they were before,’ says the Lord.  JEREMIAH 33:11B

Mission, Jesus style...the walk of faith... calls us to know Him personally and to be watchful, knowing we are loved and never need to be afraid of Him, to see His glory all around us. His motivation is love.  His goal is restoration.

This always brings HOPE!

No comments: