Monday, December 9, 2013

Advent Day 9 - Adore Him

Week of PEACE

Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;
    make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
    tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name;
    let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Look to the Lord and his strength;
    seek his face always.
Remember the wonders he has done,
    his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,
you his servants, the descendants of Abraham,
    his chosen ones, the children of Jacob.  PSALM 105:1-6

There is no angst in these words.  Such adoration brings about a soothing sense of security and calming peace. Life can be challenging, so focusing on praise doesn't create space for selfishness, worry or discontent.  Singing is like releasing joy from your heart... bringing it forth in musical words.  

How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways: 

  • Give praise
  • Proclaim His name
  • Sing to Him
  • Tell of his wonderful acts 
  • Glory in his holy name
  • Seek Him and rejoice
  • Pursue His strength 
  • Remember His wonders, miracles and judgments

When we are so filled with praise, we cannot help making Him known.  
I love you Lord, and I life my voice, to worship you, all my soul rejoice.
Make joy my king, with what you hear.  May it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear.  



Knowing this peace for all eternity is more than I can imagine!
It leads me to help others know this joy too!


"O Come Let Us Adore Him"... Christ, the Lord!



No comments: