Monday, July 15, 2013

Torrential Downpour

It's summer in Maryland and this week has been especially hot and Humid.  The kind of week when everything just feels damp.  Yesterday, the excess of the clouds descended upon the earth in torrential downpours of rain, the kind of rain where rivers form in parking lots, your shoes get squishy and even under an umbrella you get wet!

 ...soaking, ringing wet
... and everything you touch gets wet!!!

Abounding


But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. PSALM 86:5

What a picture!
...abundant  ...increase  ...covering everything
...multiplying by the tens of thousands, like rain.

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times,   having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.  2 CORINTHIANS 9:8  


God is able!  The question is, am I willing?

We love because he first loved us. 1 JOHN 4:19

Have I danced in the abounding rain of God's amazing love to the point of being soaking, ringing wet and can't help dripping it everywhere I go?

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!  1 JOHN 3:1

Mission, Jesus style teaches me to dance in the rain!  It teaches me to spend time each day letting the Father lavish His love upon me.  As it rains down, and as I soak it in, I discover how compassionate and gracious he is.  And then, having been blessed with this love, I can't help but share it with others!

No comments: